Elsenham’s Playing Field is owned and operated by the Parish Council. It is dedicated as an open space for the enjoyment of parishioners and others; users must respect it and the surrounding area and cause no damage to trees, the car park, bins, hedges, fences, furniture, the Children’s Play Area or the pitches.
Children’s Play Area
- Small children should be supervised by an adult at all times.
- No dogs, bicycles, glass or alcohol are permitted within the Play Area.
- Any damage to the play area equipment, should be reported to the Clerk immediately.
- The latest RoSPA Play Safety inspection report.
Users of the Playing Field and the Children’s Play Area are requested to:
- leave their cars in the designated car park
- take litter home with them (or use the litter bins provided)
- show consideration for neighbouring residents
- Dogs are not allowed in the playing field or the play area, instructed by Uttlesford District Councils; The Dogs Exclusion (The District of Uttlesford) Order 2007.
- Children’s games
- Ball games
- Small informal gatherings
- Casual games
- Formalised games*
- Organised events*
Activities NOT Permitted:
- Car driving/motorcycle riding
- Golf practice of any kind
- Ground based fires or barbecues
- Flying of powered model aircraft/drones/sky lanterns
- Bonfires and/or firework displays
- Horse riding, shooting or archery
- ANY that are dangerous, noxious, offensive, illegal or immoral
Activities that require the Councils Permission:
- Overnight parking and camping
- Music concerts
- Formalised games
- Organised events
Permission requests must be made to the Parish Clerk.