You can identify the location of all current (undecided) planning applications on the map below. If you click on the red pin you will be taken directly to the Uttlesford District Council Planning Portal where you can view the full set of plans and submit your comments..
Our parish councillors usually discuss each application at their monthly committee meeting, a formal response is then agreed on behalf of the parish and this is submitted to Uttlesford District Council. Members of the public can also attend a Parish Council Meeting if they wish to know more about an application.
If you want to object or comment on any application this is best done online through Uttlesford District Council Planning Portal
If you want to object to an application please make sure you focus on the relevant planning issues. For example:
- Impact the development would have on the character of the area.
- If the development does not comply with the Local Plan.
- External design, appearance and layout.
- Impact of development on neighbouring properties.
- Highway safety.
- Government planning guidance.
Avoid referring to non-planning matters as these cannot be taken into account when the committee determines the application.
- ‘Trade’ objections such as competition issues.
- Boundary or property disputes.
- The applicant’s motives .
- ‘Moral’ arguments.
- Matters covered by other laws.
- Loss of ‘view’.
- Personality issues.
- Reduction in property values.