Please read these rules (the Rules) before submitting your photo(s) to Elsenham Parish Council. By participating in the contests, you understand, acknowledge and unconditionally agree to abide by the following Rules:
BASIC SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINES FOR PHOTOGRAPHS
- The contests are open for online submissions only, through EPCphoto@outlook.com
- Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses; 20th July 2020
- Photos submitted must be landscape, at least 640 pixels on the vertical side, and no more than 2000 pixels on the horizontal side. Images should be no smaller than 500KB. Photos must be in JPEG format.
- You may submit as many entries per contest as you wish.
- You are required to provide a unique title & description for each image submitted.
- All submitted photos must contain the original EXIF metadata information. However, there must be no border(s), logo(s), copyright marks, identifying marks, or any other visible references and/or marks on the image.
- Basic editing, including colour enhancement, the use of filters, and cropping of the Photo(s) is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the Photo(s).
- Advanced editing used to create illusions, deceptions and/or manipulations, and the adding and removing of significant elements within the frame is prohibited.
- Photos that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive content, including provocative nudity, violence, human rights and/or environmental violation, and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the law, religious, cultural & moral traditions and practices, are strictly prohibited and will be immediately discarded.
- A participant who submits any such photos may be reported to the police at the Elsenham Parish Council discretion.
- Participants of all ages are welcome.
- Elsenham Parish Council will appoint the judges; the members will comprise of members of the parish council and / or external judges.
- The judging panel shall assess and determine the winning Photos. The results and the winners will be announced at the Elsenham Parish Council meeting on the 3rd August 2020.
- The decision of Elsenham Parish Council judging panel will be final and binding on all Participants in respect to all matters relating to the Contest.
- Elsenham Parish Council reserves the right to call for original JPEG or RAW files with unchanged EXIF for the purpose of authentication. An image maybe disregarded if this information cannot be provided.
- If an entry is made by a participant who is a relative or lives in the same household as an Elsenham Parish Councillor, the participant must make this known on their application so the councillor on the judging panel can abstain from voting on the photo.
- The winning photo will be featured on the Elsenham Parish Council website on the homepage banner and as the banner on the Elsenham Parish Council social media page.
- Runners up will have their photos feature elsewhere throughout the Elsenham Parish website.
- Elsenham Parish Council reserve the right to update the banners, photos or images on the website or social media pages at any time, without notice.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- Submitted photos must be original, created and/or taken by the contestant. It must not contain any materials owned or controlled by a third party for which you have not obtained a license, must not infringe the copyright, trademark, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
- Elsenham Parish Council respects photographers’ copyrights and copyrights shall remain vested with the creator of the image. Upon making the submission, you grant Elsenham Parish Council, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, sub-licensable right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, create derivative works, distribute, have distributed, print, in whole or in part, in any form, in all media forms now or hereafter known, to promote the contest, image, the photographer or for editorial or educative use.
- The Photographer will be credited wherever the image is used.
- You hereby hold harmless, release, indemnify and discharge Elsenham Parish Council and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers and representatives from all liability, claims, judgments, demands, controversies, agreements, damages, actions and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related in any way to the contest or the conduct of the contest and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded, whether in law or in equity, no matter what the cause or nature, and You further waive any claims that You may state or assert against Elsenham Parish Council in association with the contest or any of its associated activities, or in any way related to or resulting from the contest even if such injury or claims results from or is caused by the negligence or gross negligence of Elsenham Parish Council, in whole or in part, due to human error or otherwise. You further agree to indemnify and hold harmless Elsenham Parish Council from any claim arising out of your participation in the contest including, without limitation, all claims brought or asserted by any third party as a result of any injury or loss that You or they may sustain in any way associated with your participation in the contest.
- Under no circumstance will Elsenham Parish Council be liable for any:
- lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible or incomplete submissions
- error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, submitted Photo(s);
- problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing;
- incorrect or inaccurate information, caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the Photos and/or the Submissions; and/or
- injury or damage to any Participant or to any computer related to, resulting from or in connection with the Contest.
- If, for any reason, the contest is not capable of being conducted as anticipated, due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Elsenham Parish Council, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest, Elsenham Parish Council reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest as deemed appropriate, disqualify any Participant, and/or select winners from all eligible Photos submitted prior to the termination, cancellation, modification or suspension. Elsenham Parish Council reserves the right to correct any typo-graphical, printing, computer programming or operating errors at any time.
The Contest, Your Submission(s) and the Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with UK legislation. Any aspects or disputes arising out of or in connection with the contest and/or your submission(s) will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of England courts.